Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Japanese Amigurumi Books

Ok so have I told you that I am absolutely smitten with Japanese amigurumi patterns?! I had first bought Amigurumi Collection 6 from Saucy Louise in Okinawa, and as a birthday present to myself, I've bought five more (Dad's birthday money helped to fund my latest shipment!). The diagrams are easy enough to follow, once you understand the Japanese writing -- had to google that one, lol. I would love to have a translation of all the step-by-step instructions that go along with. I was looking at Japanese dictionaries at Borders yesterday, and they are quite thick and pricey, maybe next time...

So far, I've made a ladybug, dinosaur, and squirrel from #6, and K. wanted a purple chihuahua out of Ami Ami Dogs 2, so I finished that one last week.
The legs are jointed, so the pup can stand, sit, or lie down, and K. just loves that.

The squirrel is our dog Kari's. :-)

My goal is to make one of everything in each of the Japanese books, we'll see if I can pull that one off, Julie/Julia Project-style! In between everything else I've got going, of course...

No comments:

Post a Comment