Saturday, February 13, 2010

Molly Weasley housecoat sweater

I finished my first sweater -- admittedly, it's an acquired taste, inspired by Molly Weasley's housecoat that she wears in Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets.  You can see her in it when Ron, Fred, and George rescue Harry and break him out of his room at Privet Drive in the beginning of the movie.  I've seen some patterns for the sleeves online, and was searching for a thrift store robe that I could attach them to if I ever made them, and then I ran across a pattern at ravelry.com for this sweater by Shellie Cain, and knew this was the one.

Of course, I'm forbidden to wear it outside of our home, per my husband and eldest daughter. ;-)  The sleeves are actually a bit drafty around the forearm, due to the open crochetwork.  I may have to make a second version with an inner sleeve attached... hmmmm....

Anyway, here it is, in all its Molly Weasley glory! :-)


 

1 comment: