Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Knit A Square April Challenge!

The Knit A Square April challenge is here -- to challenge yourself and set a goal and work in a race against yourself.  Just coming off of the Ravelympics (and taking a bit of a break from marathon crocheting hats and squares), I'm getting back into challenge mode, and I'm afraid I'm already behind! :-(  That's ok, I've pledged 30 squares, one for each day in April, and 5 hats, one for each week in April.  I can tell now that it's going to be more crochet than knitted squares, as I can do those much faster. I'll be crocheting and knitting all weekend, I can tell.

I'm just wrapping up a Sheldon Turtle for KJ, so am taking turns between finishing her shell, and working on  squares.  I think I can, I think I can, I think I can!

On another KAS note, we started up our third and final term of the Square Circle knitting and crochet club at the school last week.  We have 17 children signed up -- half of them are returning again and have been with us from our first and second 7-week sessions!  It's so heartening to watch them learn and grow, and watch their skills develop and especially their beaming faces as they turn in their finished squares.  Even the teachers and parents are making squares, which is just amazing.  We have a wonderful community, and we're so blessed to have them involved with KAS.

Have a happy Tuesday!!! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment