Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Fixing Crocodile stitch mermaid tail lap blanket

I'm crocheting the mermaid tail lap blanket for DD1. The scales should be worked so the back side is the right side, so they would curl under. As written, the front side of the dcs is the right side, so the scales are curling up. To fix this, I'm working the sc at the bottom of the scale as a fpsc around the v st posts of the scale in the row below. 


Posting pics so I don't forget how I did this. 

Worked 5 dc as the first half of the scale:


Hook is under the v st:


It can be a little tricky to work the loop and pull through, but fpsc worked:


Finished the 5 dc for the second half of the scale.


And here we see the last five rows of scales have been secured in this manner. 



1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for this helpful trick!

    I was working on a crocodile stitch shawl/scarf when I realized how unsightly the scale curling was. In lieu of starting all over, I'm painstakingly sewing down the current scales and will be using your trick to continue the piece!

    Thanks again and happy crocheting!

    p.s. Do you happen to remember what yarn you were working with in these pictures? It's gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete